Sunday 7 December 2014

Stampin' Up - Festival of Trees - Christmas Cards...

Hello,

Hope you have been having lots of crafty days!  Barb has shared with you some cards created with Stampin' Up's Festival of Trees and today I have more to share with you...



All three cards were created with Cherry Cobbler Card bases, a layer of white card and the patterned papers are from Stampin' Up's Designer Series Paper Stack - Trim The Tree. 



Each card also has a layer of acetate on the top, onto which I have heat embossed trees in various embosssing powders. (I think it may actually be laminating cut-offs I have used as when I have embossed on to the acetate, it has not melted... some brands of acetate would melt, where as laminating cut-offs are used to the heat from a laminator and did not buckle as I heated the embossing powder.)


The above photo is a close-up of the snowflake card, where I have embossed with Stamp World's Psychedelic Sparkle embossing powder.  I coloured the trees on the paper with markers - greens and brown.


The stars for each card were actually silver - I have coloured them with Tim Holtz Ranger Adirondack Brights - Watermelon Alcohol Ink.  The trees on the above and below cards were white embossed onto the patterned paper.  Green (verdigris) embossing powder was used on the above and white embossing below for the acetate layer.


The ribbon was recycled from Lindt Chocolate rabbits (you were wondering where you had seen it before, weren't you?) 

Thanks for visiting, see you again soon
Shell
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment