Friday 10 October 2014

Graphic 45 - By The Sea Collection Card-in-a-Box


Hello,

I had soooo much fun creating this one!!  Have you made a Card-in-a-Box yet? 
 The gorgeous paper I have used is Graphic 45 - By The Sea Collection - Beachcomber.  The base card is Stampin' Up's Very Vanilla.





These photos show the three undersides and the back of the box card.  You don't particularly see the undersides all that much, but I thought it was nice to stamp on these panels also.  For the Cardstock - I have used Stampin' Up's new card colours Hello Honey and Tangelo Twist.    I have stamped most of the images with Tangelo Twist inkpad as well.
    





The back of the card is probably the best place to write your Message, although this would be a fantastic card to make if you had an occasion where many people needed to sign your card as you could use all of the underside panels.  The wording on the back of the card is from Stampin' Ups  Happiest Birthday Wishes Set which I have embossed with Tangerine Tango embossing Powder.


The stamp set I have used for the shells, coral, seahorses etc is By the Tide (Stampin' Up) and an old miscellaneous Turtle stamp I have had for many years.  I have clear embossed the stamped images for the pop-up section using both of the cardstock colours - Hello Honey and Tangelo Twist. 



I have added 3 brass charms (turtle, anchor and a sailing ship) and rhinestones to my creation.  The 'happy birthday' on the front is from Stampin' Up's Set - Itty Bitty Banners and the smallest banner is die-cut using Framelits - Bitty Banners die. (I hand-cut the larger banners)


This is a view of the card from the top.  You can see where I have added the seahorses, shells and coral.  Plenty more embellishments can be added if desired.


Depending on how you have created your pop-up decorations, as to whether or not your card can be folded flat to fit inside an envelope.  This is how mine looks when folded flat.


Definitely a surprise when you open up your card!

I was inspired to create this card from two places actually...a UK magazine -  Cardmaking and Papercraft Issue 132 July and a youtube video for a Steampunk Card-In-A-Box Tutorial by Craftypaws. Thank-you to both inspirational places!!

Happy Creating,
Shell
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment