Sunday 5 January 2014

Picture Frame - Tim Holtz Elegant Flourishes

Good Morning and a Happy New Year!!

I am terribly sorry - I must apologise as it has been a whole week since we blogged!!  Where has it gone? Well let's see Friend's Birthday, Brother-in-laws Birthday, Mother-in-Laws Birthday, New Years eve and Day, Lunch with a beautiful friend - yes I can see where it has gone....  Hoping you have started the year happily and healthily!!

My first project of the year is a picture frame - as soon as I saw it in the shop all I could think of  was - oh the things I could do with that.  It was a plain white frame with birds and branches formed into the frame - hard to explain actually - this is what I did with it...


First, I laid the flowers in position, then decided to add the green leaves.  The birds needed eyes - which then led me to black brads for the flower centres.  Black Rhinestones in the bottom corner and I still felt it needed something black to balance it all out - so I used a glossy card from packaging and die-cut Tim Holtz Elegant Flourishes and placed them under the flowers - perfect!

As the frame was very elegant already (but the stark whiteness was too much) I only needed to add something very simple to keep within it's elegance and not make it too overdone.  What do you think?

Hope you have time to create something beautiful today,
Shell
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment