Monday 27 January 2014

Creating with BaRb-Stampin'up-Open sea flip card

Open sea flip card
Hi there
I have been meaning to show you this card for a couple of weeks now, but I have been having so much fun playing with the wonderful new products in the new occassions and sab catalogues, that I have been sidetracked.
So here it finally is

Colours used are Island indigo, vanilla and black. Stamps are from The open sea, Itty bitty banners, and Happiest birthday wishes on the inside.
The paper is from Modern medley pack, The ship is stamped with black craft ink and clear embossed.(I felt it looked too heavy when black embossed)

As I wanted space for a message on the inside, I cut the card 6cm longer than required for the die, scored and folded in, before placing the card in the die (making sure the folded edge would not be cut).

                    

The front section is embossed in the houndstooth folder. The anchor is wrapped with linen thread and indigo bakers twine, and coated in crystal effects. The banners were die cut and outlined with stardust pen for a bit of sparkle. Candy dots in blue and black finished off the design.
I hope you enjoy this design and happy crafting.
Till next time

BaRb

No comments:

Post a Comment