Monday 18 November 2013

Spellbinders Shapeabilities Window 2, Darice Embossing Essentials Folder - Brick Pattern

Hello again, nice to have you back!!

It seems like I have been creating in bulk lately - Christmas Tags, Christmas Cards, Pillow Boxes, Teacher cards - oh that's right that is what I am showing you today.... Bulk Teacher Cards - World Teachers' Day was in October and I spent a little bit of time (just a little) on creating these cards for all the wonderful Teachers and Staff I have the privilege of spending part of my days with.  I made 65 cards as follows.....

 
I used a black card base with rounded corners (Corner Chomper).  From the cream coloured card I cut the window using Spellbinders Shapeabilities Window Two die first, then embossed the negative part of the cream coloured card using Darice Embossing Essentials Folder - Brick Pattern.  I lightly sponged Distress Ink - Tea Dye over the top of both the window and the brick wall.
 The grass was cut using Stampin' Up's Pear Pizazz Card and a Sizzix Grass Strip Die. The butterflies are a Stampin' Up Punch - Bitty Butterflies and the flowers are also a Stampin' Up Punch - Spring Bouquet. Silver rhinestones on the butterflies and in the corner of the card and a small brad for the centre of the flowers finished it off.


 
I made a few different colours as shown above.  The words across the window sill says "Through the classroom window" - I typed this up on word and printed them out.
 
 
All 65 cards lined up - looked really amazing.
 
 
A close up view of a selection of the colours.

 
A nice little stack of cards - all lined on the inside. The inside held a Poem/Verse which I wrote myself  called "Through the classroom window - I have noticed....."
 
I wrote 8 small verses about some of the fantastic things I have noticed 'through the window' and my Principal handwrote a personal message in each card - phew I think I had the easy part - I typed all mine!
 
And that is my Teachers' Card - hope you thank your Teacher / Child's Teacher for the amazing job they are doing through your classroom window - whether it be at School, at University, at Tertiary Education or even your creatively inspiring "Craft" Teacher - please remember to say thank you and let them know how much you appreciate their sharing of their knowledge!!
 
Thank you to all those who "Teach" me on a daily basis!!
Shell
xox 

No comments:

Post a Comment