Sunday 20 October 2013

Make It Crafty - Mushroom House - Mini Canvas

Good Morning - another beautiful Sunday morning!!

Don't you just love mushrooms - don't like to eat them (only on pizza of course).  This beautiful mushroom is a Make it Crafty rubber stamp named - Mushroom House.  I needed to make a birthday gift for a person who loves fairies - I have angel stamps, many little girl stamps, princess stamps but surprisingly - no fairy stamps.....   So, when flicking through my catalogue of stamps - (yes every stamp that I own I have stamped into a catalogue i.e. a ring binder - so I know what I have and where to find it in my craft room) - I saw this Mushroom House and knowing I have fairy charms thought it would be perfect!



I stamped and black embossed the mushroom house image and coloured it with Twinkling H2Os.  I used diamond glaze and glitter to 'highlight' white parts of the mushroom.  First I covered the canvas with patterned paper (freebie from a magazine).  Used part of a strip of grass along the bottom from a Sizzix Grass Die.  Added a saying which reads:

Live among the flowers
Dance with the petals
Laugh in the sunshine
 
Inspiring isn't it! The saying is from Prickley Pears stamp set - Flowers.  I black embossed this on white, mounted it on the same patterned paper and them mounted it again on black to make it stand out.  I then added my Fairy charm with a brad and sat this in behind the corner of the house.  I hadn't originally put the sun on there but felt it was lacking something - my beautiful crafty friend (who I was crafting with at the time) suggested a "sun" to fit in with the saying - so I used the sun from Pollycraft Surf's Up stamp set.  I clear embossed this on yellow card and it goes perfectly - thank you crafty friend - great suggestion!  
 
 


Added a red ribbon around the bottom and made a double bow for the corner and ta-da finished!
This was one of those 'secret' birthday presents - so I have no idea of the recipients reaction - hope she loved it!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Shell
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment