Saturday 3 August 2013

Journals....

How's things?   Today I want to talk about Journals ..... Art Journals, Junque (Junk) Journals, Smash Journals, Diary entry type Journals - so many different types.  Where do you start? - well I guess depending on what you wish to do with your Journal.  Even then, I guess there are no rules - it's your journal - you can do whatever you like!!  In my understanding (please let me know if I have got it wrong) - an Art Journal is  mostly used to create art in - from techniques to just being examples of your art basically.  A Smash or a junk journal is where you collect "memories" eg ticket stubs, dockets, notes anything you wish to keep but don't necessarily wish to scrapbook.  Diary Journals can be used daily or whenever you wish - to record thoughts, memories etc... 

How do you fill the pages ??  However you wish - you can paint them, collage them, draw on them, totally cover your page with patterned paper...  Choice is yours!!

My first Journal - I did not know at the time what I was going to do with it, but I went with the flow and ended up using it for I guess you could say Quotes or sayings that meant something to me at the time...  I could not find the 'right' book locally (don't you hate it when you have an idea in your mind and you can't find it?!?) , so I purchased a longer watercolour book and used my guillotine to chop it in half.  It had a paper front cover, which I ended up making into a chipboard cover for stability. As it is about 20 pages long I will show you the first 5 today...

 
 Painted background and stamped.

 
 Patterned paper background, stamps and die-cuts.

 
 Whooo said I had an owl addiction?? Painted background and stamps.

 
 Painted background and stamps.

 
Painted background and stamps.
 
Hard to see in the photos, but each page is blingy - either by using glitter, metallic paint or diamond glaze on elements.  I will show you some more pages soon - I promise!!  Hope I have inspired you in some way... I was inspired by surfing the web - so many images-  thousands come up if you go searching....
 
Happy Journal Trails...
Shell xox

No comments:

Post a Comment