Thursday 2 October 2014

Mini Canvas - Create - Handmade Swap Spring 2014

Good Morning,

I am not sure if I have told you - I am a member of a Handmade Swap Group in Australia.  We are given a name and a small profile of another member, whom we are to send our gift to...  My recipient this time is a papercrafter herself, so I created a mini canvas for her...



First I cut a square of calico, large enough to cover the 6x6 canvas, then using pinking shears I cut a square of patterned material smaller than the canvas front.  I hand-sewed this square to the centre of the calico and then adhered these to the canvas using double sided hi-tack tape and my hot glue gun. Also using the hot glue gun, I adhered a strip of gold sequins and a beaded ribbon down the left hand side of the patterned material.   My next step was to crochet 3 flowers and a butterfly in colours that co-ordinated with the beautiful patterned fabric.




I adhered a selection of acrylic flower centres to the flowers and a bead cut from the beaded ribbon to create the butterfly's body. Next I added a Label featuring the word "Create" (Stamp and label punch are Stampin' Up products). Beautiful isn't it???  My recipient has received her Canvas - she says she is looking forward to hanging it in her new craft room!



I thought I would also show you the back... I needed to hide all the folds of the calico, the best thing to do was to use a thicker piece of card and adhere this using my hot glue gun - folds hidden and gold sequin ends tucked under.  Also in my package to this recipient, I crocheted some more flowers and butterflies so she can use them however she wishes....

For more details regarding the Handmade Swap Group go to: /http://handmadeswap.com/

Happy creating,
Shell
xox



No comments:

Post a Comment