Monday 28 July 2014

Steampunk Canvas...

Sprockets, cogs, owls, gears.... All things Steampunk - gotta love them!!!

Hi, today I am sharing with you one of my most favourite projects that I have ever created! A Steampunk reverse canvas. (Reverse canvas meaning you turn the canvas around and create your project in/on the back of the canvas).

Now, please excuse the photos - with all the shinyness of the bling and silver card - it was really hard to take great photos!



The canvas I used is a 15cm x 15xm (6x6) canvas, which I covered with Stampin' Up paper. I then ran some silver foil cardstock through my cuttlebug using Tim Holtz Alterations Steampunk Texture Fade Embossing folder.  This is the background of the canvas - before I adhered this into the back I randomly swiped Black Stazon Ink all over it to give a weathered look.

Next, I set to work cutting cogs, sprockets, leaves, birdhouses, a fence, grass, a butterfly and two owls. (I will list at the bottom the dies etc I have used).


I used various cardstock and papers to create my canvas - black cardstock and metallic papers, shiny silvers and brushed silver cardstock.


Can you see the fairy charm and the cog charm?

Now for a list of the products....

Canvas 15cm x 15 cm
Stampin Up Paper to cover the canvas and for birdhouses
Black Card for sprockets
Black metallic paper for grass along bottom of canvas front
Silver Foil card for background and owls
Stampin Up Brushed silver cardstock for fence, leaves, cogs and butterfly
Tim Holtz Alterations Steampunk Texture Fade
Tim Holtz Alterations Garden Greens Bigz Die
Tim Holtz Alterations Gadget Gears Bigz Die
Taylored Expressions Die - Sprockets Border
Cheery Lyn Designs Die - Owls with Gears
Cheery Lyn Designs Die - Gears Butterfly
Impression Obsession Die - Birdhouses
Impression Obsession Die - Grass
Impression Obsession Die - Fence
Fairy Charm
Cog Charm
Assorted rhinestones and bling
Coil and reed embellishments
Stampin Up Brads in sprocket centres
American Crafts Zing Glitter Black emboss powder for detail on cogs
Black Stazon ink
Silver twine

Phew, I think that is all!  If there is anything I have forgotten - please let me know!!

Hope you like my Steampunk Garden as much as I do!?!
If you wish to purchase this fabulous creation, please visit:

Thank you for popping in on us again, we will be back again soon!
Shell
xox



No comments:

Post a Comment