Monday 9 June 2014

Love to Shop.... In Tokyo....

Morning,

Shopping, ah shopping - do I love shopping as much as I love crafting ???  Mmmmm - only if it is shopping for crafting supplies!!

These two layouts feature photos of my two favourite Shopping Streets in Tokyo, Japan.  Takeshita Street in Harajuku and Asakusa Nakamise Shopping Street.  (Can you remember Gwen Stefani's song about the Harajuku Girls and their wicked style? This is the neighbourhood in Tokyo Gwen was singing about) Takeshita Street has a lot of the latest fashions and styles - love going there.  Also in Takeshita Street is one of Tokyo's largest 100 yen shops - Daiso - has multiple floors - just about everything there is $1.05AU - can I go again? Can I, Can I??  Asakusa Nakamise Shopping Street is an actual street full of mini markets leading into a Temple - this is where you go if you are after a lot of souvenirs from Japan -  (trinkets as my Husband would call them).

On to my layouts...  I have used Graphic 45 Bird Song Collection - papers named Shanghai Girls - I have used the other side - the flowers...



As the paper was covered in flowers - I chose to use rosettes as my embellishments. All that paper folding - little bit like origami!!

If you ever have the chance to visit Tokyo and you love to shop - I recommend both of these places!

If you love my layouts and wish to see some photo close-ups, basic instructions and a list of products please visit Wild About Scrap's Blog.

Shop til you drop
(Wherever did that quote come from?)
Shell
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment