Thursday 19 September 2013

Darkroom Door - Spiral Flowers

Hello everyone,

Back again with another fantastic Darkroom Door set - Spiral Flowers.  This set has 11 Flowers of all different sizes and different design spirals.  I have used background paper from magazines - as soon as I saw these papers, I thought of the Darkroom Door Set as the paper has spiralled flowers on it.  I made a set of three cards as follows:

 
On this card I used Tim Holtz Dusty Concord distress ink to colour the edges of my distressed white layer and to ink the words - "birthday wishes" from Stampin Ups - Wow Flowers set.  I embossed with Stamp World silver embossing powder the spiral flowers which I have circle punched. Rhinestones and Purple pearl brads and a fine silver ribbon to finish off the card.

 
I made this card with the same words, embossing powder and rhinestones.  This spiral flower is one of the larger ones in the set.  Spellbinders scalloped circles layered perfectly under the flower.  The ink I used to highlight with was Versacolor's Lapis Lazuli. 



Once again - same embossing powder.  I used Versacolor Orange for edging etc.  The "Happy Birthday" centre was from Stampin Ups - Happiest Birthday Wishes set.  I inked this in orange, sprinkled the embossing powder on and then carefully wiped off little sections to achieve a 2 tone effect. 

Did you notice the spiral flowers on the background papers? They are more visible on the middle card.
See you again soon....
Shell
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment